Sunday, July 22, 2012

A lobster roll, amazing city views, a concert and a rooftop dinner and dancing. Oh and a pigeon mating dance.

So its been at least three weeks since Ive posted. I did the New Hampshire one in its own post because of all the pictures.

A couple weeks ago Gabe, Charlotte and I went down to Chelsea Market, one of our favorite places and got a lobster roll...tastes like heaven if you ask me...We went for a walk afterwards on the high line.. it is a park walkway on old railway tracks. I love it.








Another night Gabe, Charlotte and I went to see Bring it on the Musical. It was really good. I loved one of the characters that was supposed to be the kind of chubby,goofy friend. She was hysterical. They had some really cool stunts and fun songs too! We laughed really hard.




 We found this little bakery near times square. I got a little baby pie. Banana Cream with toasted coconut on top. it was real good.

Last saturday Gabe and I had an adventure. We went out to a huge market in Times Square. We also tried the Carnegie Deli. it was amazingly delicious. We also had Katz deli a couple days later and I thought Carnegie was wayyyy better. The ratings for Katz are better but those people don't know anything...i know my pastrami...Carnegie's gots it going on so if you are ever here go there instead. Trust me.
 My view every morning from 125st 
 Columbus Circle from the mini mall
 times square market
 the famous seinfeld soup man. and yes...there was a pretty long line.


 random photo...how morbid is that? and freaky.
sign in my work bathroom that cracks me up...everyone must sit.

My sister sent me this pic of my baby nephew...he is getting so big..

Friday night Carlos and I went to the Enrique/JLo concert in Neward, NJ. MIND BLOWN. I am obsessed with both of them. I of course have been an Enrique fan since middle school but JLo I was 50/50 on....Once you see her live you love her..She is an amazing performer..a great dancer...and dang she is hot. And has great hair..

 first we had nosebleed seats...

 but somehow we ended up here....
 It was so much fun. They are both great performers. I may have teared up a couple times..
 Yesterday (Saturday)  Gabe, Charlotte and I went to see Dark Knight Rises. I know a lot of people liked the 2nd one better but i loved this one WAY more. First of all i hated the 2nd one. It was too dark for me. I cried like 10 times during this one.. (I know what is New York doing to me? I cry at the weirdest things..by "cry" I really mean tear up..) The cast for this movie is amazing. (Minus Anne Hathaway, still not a fan of her) Christian Bale is a babe and a half as usual, I mean that batman voice and those lips? swoon. Not to mention he is in pretty good shape for this one. not too shabby on the eyes...Gary Oldman superstar. Love him. Just a gem of an actor. Morgan Freeman. He is the man. Michael Cane..could he be any more adorable? I want him to be my grandpa. And last...but certainly not least Joseph Gordon-Levitt. MARRY ME ALREADY! so handsome...and as i predicted leads to another movie..Can i be the love interest please? He is just too cute..Okay so maybe i just love the cast but this one was way better to me. And I am a sucker for a movie that ends happily. Sorry if i gave too much away. Okay i won't talk anymore about how cute Joseph is or how nice Christian's abs are..
 I stumbled across this little dinner. I came here 10 years ago so i had to snap a shot.
 Views from Central Park.. spent an hour or so people watching.

Tonight Carlos invited Sarah and I over for a rooftop dinner...it was so yummy, the views were gorgeous and these two had me cracking up.


 our cajun dinner precariously perched on the rooftop ledge.
 you can see the chrysler building
 gorgeous girl
 have you ever climbed up stairs like this? the movies make it look easy and glamourous. In reality it is terrifying and I hurt myself a little when i got stuck with one leg out the window and one in...those window seals are mighty sharp...anyways..it was TOTALLY WORTH IT!
 our precious chef
 those are peoples bathroom windows..i just thought it was a cool shot.
 dancing to a little JLo
Part of me was ready to leave this city but as the time draws closer I am not so sure..this has been the time of my life.


and now what you've been waiting for..the pigeon mating dance. as in real life, the man puffs out his chest and dances around the woman, trying to catch her attention. despite her interest, she pretends to be busy either looking around blatantly ignoring him, fixing her feathers, or pecking at unknown snacks..

No comments:

Post a Comment