Thursday, September 20, 2012

My favorite things going into Fall...

I love pretty things. I love colorful things. I like things that smell nice... these are my current favorites. (disclaimer. i dont know how to make my pictures look all well put together and even..if someone wants to help me..cool)


1. My motha has used Jafra for like a bajillion years...that's why her skin looks better than mine and she looks like she could be my sister..but whatever mom..Anyways. People always ask me why my skin is so baby soft..well, my secret besides awesome genes are these body oils from Jafra. I don't like the smell of roses really (seems old lady right?) but my mom got it for me last time and I used the whole dang bottle. Before that she got me lavender (which is discontinued..major bummer because I'm OBSESSED with the smell) However, they just released pomegranate and I got it the other day. Lets just say i want to gnaw on my arm now. Especially for those living in Utah..this stuff saved my skin. Instead of lotion, I use the body oil. It smells amazing and leaves my skin baby soft smooth. PS..i know this picture is ghetto. ignore it. 

2. If you know me I love to smell good. (that's why i literally have a small department store of perfumes in my room) Going into fall I have two perfectly luscious scents. First of all Prada Candy is the most amazing scent every invented..and I know a lot of scents..(not too brag or anything..im just a weirdo who likes to smell stuff) I love it as a transition smell to fall (if there even is such a thing?) because of the sweet and musky undertones. or overtones. I dont know. Second is Michael Kors. With undertones of lavender and pumpkin (that i know for a fact) it is rated men's number one favorite scent on women. (am i hoping it may help me to rope a man? sure why not for the heck of it) To me it has that burst of a little gardenia but not too flowery because it has that sweetness. Its pricey but I tell you the scent LASTS! (which is muy importante people)







3. I hate fake nails. There i said it. Maybe not the gel kind but I feel like fake acrylic nails are poopy and ruin your nails. HENCE my dear friends why I love nail stickers..some of those in the example look ghetto but you have to check them all out to see..anyways I LOVE THEM. They last for about two weeks for me. I apply a clear coat on top afterwards just to seal them on a little more. My favorite is of course are the plain leopard print. They are a fun alternative to painting your nails. They just peel off when you are done and your nail is not ruined in anyway. In fact, I find it gives my nails a break from painting them too much. You can get them at Target, Walgreens, CVS..and they run like $6-$8 for two applications. (PS..i get a pair of scissors and sometimes trim them to fit..i have awkwardly teeny baby sized fingernails)





4. Bright paint colors!! I recently refurbished a vintage dresser. (Ill post pics later) I now find myself obsessing about my future home. I think using greys and taupes as your main colors is fantastic..but adding bright pops of teal, sea foam green, oranges, corals and yellows (or whatever bright color you choose) makes a house bright, warm and cozy. I recently redid this vintage piece with my dad. I had a vision in my mind of using a turquoise color on the sides and restaining the drawers a deep walnut to make it pop beside the turquoise paint.
Before:
 In process:
 Complete:
 Inside of drawers:
 All set up in my room:




5. The Nordstrom Cashmere Scarf... I mean I worked there for so long I was bound to come away being snobby about something..but they are the most comfortable scarves in the world. If you have sensitive skin like me, they dont itch, they keep you warm, but also arent so hot you want to poke your eyes out in a crowded setting. These are the two colors I own..and the best part is that even those they normally cost $100 each I paid more like 70% off for each one. yep.







6.  Not just a leather jacket, but a fitted, butter soft kind of rock and roll but classy at the same time kind of deal. This one below (which this is a really weird pose) is the exact jacket I bought from Banana Republic. Now if youre like me maybe you thought leather jackets were for old people. (I know i had that idea in my head. I remember being 12 and my dad taking me to look at leather jackets for him at wilsons leather..or that coat of my grandmas with fur at the top that i used to wear and pretend to be cruella deville) However pricey they may be (and are for a good one!) this is such a staple piece in your wardrobe. You can wear it with jeans, dresses, skirts heels, boots, flats, boat shoes...endless possibilities. (not everything though, ill approve it for you first) I didnt plan on buying one but I went into Banana Republic one day and they were having that deal were you get to open a card and get a percentage off one item. Luckily, I got a whopping 50%!!! (the only one of the day FYI) So I looked around the whole store and the ONLY thing I liked was this one butter soft leather jacket in this amazing color. There happened to be ONE left and in my size. The only option was clear. So i bought it for 50% off and havent looked back. If you want a leather jacket my tip is to keep an eye out for stores that do deals like that pick a card and get a certain percent off.. (Gap, Banana, Limited, JCP) or end of summer deals which start about the end of July and get that perfectly fitted leather jacket. Now add a long color blocked dress (i have one in white and coral) and add a cashmere scarf (either the yellow or teal works for me) and top it off with the leather jacket. Good to go.




7. Last but not least the Michael Kors rose gold and chocolate watch. It totally transitions into fall...(you can buy on Nordstrom.com)


 Happy Thirsty Thursdays. May all your diet coke dreams come true!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THE nails! Seriously might go get them TODAY! Miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete